My name is Dr. Tanya Gold, MD. I am board-certified in both family medicine and holistic medicine. I earned my medical degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and did my Family Medicine Residency in Galveston, Texas. I have been in practice since 2003 and opened my own integrative medical practice, Dr. Gold’s Optimal Living Institute, aka D’Goli in 2014.

Traditional Medicine

I was tired of rushing patients through a visit and treating their symptoms primarily with drugs. Realizing most headaches are NOT due to Tylenol deficiency, I wanted to find out the root cause of their ailments, and get patients well long term. This was challenging, in a busy traditional medical office. Now I have the time to spend with my patients, and hear their stories without thinking whether another patient is waiting, because I get to make the schedule.

How I Practice Medicine

As an integrative physician, I have not abandoned traditional medicine. Quite the opposite, I have added to it. Today, I use a variety of modalities, including prescription medications, evidence-based herbs and supplements, and specialized testing to remove the guesswork out of treating a patient. I work to find out a personalized treatment plan for my patients.  In fact, I have been successful in getting my patients off medications or reducing their pill load, and using more natural evidence-based approaches with minimal side effects.  

Health is a Gift

This struck home personally, when I got sick, from working long hours, with little rest, and letting myself get stressed out.

What I Learned

Fortunately, I hit rock bottom, and realized I couldn’t help anyone else (and do a great job), if I didn’t help myself first!  This meant creating a healthy balance in my life. I love to work hard, but that also meant setting aside time to play. 

Work, Work, Work!

Before, I used most of my vacation time for training seminars, and would leave the all day lectures exhausted. I now take more relaxing vacations, without work.

I also work out regularly with a trainer, powerlift, play pickleball, and practice daily meditation, laughter and yoga.  I feel more grounded and excited about what I do, and have more energy for learning.

My Ultimate Goal

It may sound silly, but my goal is to go out of business, because I have too many healthy patients! I am honored when my patients don’t need to come in as often, because they are feeling better, and staying well!

I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you! 

Have a beautiful day, every day!

With warmest wishes for a HEALTHIER YOU,


Dr. Gold 😊

Contact information: 
Office tel no. 813-379-7092. 
www.dgoli.com 
(check out our Event Calendar)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Plug-ins Make YOU Sick and Fat?

How to Relieve Pain Long Term & Naturally

LAUGHTER YOGA with Dr. Tanya Gold, MD